Thursday, February 18, 2016

Spring Valley High #Photojournalism Post

What is happening in the picture? Why did you take this photo?
This is a picture of Spring Valley High School. I teach World Geography and AP Human Geography. SVH is a big part of my life due to me being a teacher. I spend more time here than I do at home during the school year. When I took this picture it was cold outside but the sun was so bright. It was a crisp morning and the lesson for the day took the students outside for what was essentially a photowalk.

How is it related to geography?
When I think about how this photo is related to geography I think about all of the activity that happens in a day at a school. Students move about from class to class, share their stories, learn new things about all content areas. A school is the hub of student and teen life for 9 months out of the year.


Which of the 5 themes of Geography does this photo connect with and how?
There are a number of themes this photo fits in to but I am going to talk about Movement, specifically the movement of exchange of ideas. On a daily basis ideas, learning, and even gossip is exchanged in this building. The exchange happens between but is not limited to students, teacher to student, student to teacher, and teacher to teacher. With the change to 1:1 with every student having a device we also see an exchange of information and learning through the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment